Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Ultimate Oriental Experience

My Internet time has run out so this is a brief post without pictures.

Today was a free day to wander and experience this city. It was time for me to immerse myself in the sights and smells of the "souk", one of my favorite places. It is a bazaar in the classic sense of the word. The tight warren of alleyways is bursting with raw energy, chaotic noise, scents of exotic spices and the locals. It is fun and I love it. It really is the ultimate Oriental experience.

Sorry I can't put pictures on this because I have them of shops selling everything from spices to squid. Actually the latter is not a pretty picture.

Because our day was free and Sunday, a variety of worship experiences were enjoyed, from time at the western wall in private prayer to a Baptist service, a Lutheran service or time in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. After the chaos of our time there yesterday, I was grateful to find it quiet.

We head to the Dead Sea tomorrow.
Blessings and Shalom,
Mary