Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Journey of 1000 Miles Begins With a Single Step

Twenty-three tripsters will take that first step out the door and be off to the airport tomorrow morning as we begin a journey of many more than a thousand miles.  The group is gathering from coast to coast and the group will be complete in Tel Aviv as Jim Fleming our guide joins us as well as Doug Harris and Carol McVetty who are coming by way of Frankfurt.

I love the saying by Henry Miller that "One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things."  We do have a destination: The Holy Land.  However, I also know that everyone of us will have new ways of looking at and reading both the Bible and the newspaper when we return. 

I know that travel to the Middle East is often filled with concern for those at home.  To the extent that I can I want to assure those at home that we have and will make every effort to always stay safe.  This will be my 12th trip to Israel and Jordan and I have actually never felt at risk while there.  I have both talked this week and read reports from foreign policy experts as well as those in the tourist industry and all agree that travel there now is safe.  The posturing by both Israel and Iran is troubling, but there is little concern about it in these next two weeks. We will be fine!  Do check in on this blog and I will keep you posted.

Keep us in your prayers.

Blessings,
Mary